A classic. Healthy and delicious red lentil daal made with light, earthy spices.
Daal is a classic staple across South Asian dinner tables. Think of it as a delicious foundation you can add anything to: rice, veggies, tofu or even some extra protein. Eat it as a main or a side, this legume is packed with protein and fiber.
- Masoor Daal: Red lentils are a quick-cooking legume with a mild, subtly sweet flavor.
- Curry Leaf: Nutty Aroma
- Turmeric: Earthy and bitter, almost musky, with a bit of peppery spice
- Coriander Seed: Citrus and curry, light and sweet (the seeds are fun to crunch on, too)
Curry Leaf (or Kari Patta)
- High in antioxidants.
- Rich in B vitamins, magnesium, iron, and zinc.
- Low glycemic index and can aid in lowering glucose levels.
- Significantly lower carbon footprint than animal protein sources.
HOW TO COOK?
WHAT IS DAAL?
- AJAlishba J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars2 months agoEasy & delicious
I didn't think it would be this easy to make but truly all you need is to add the packet to boiling water and stir and it was ready in 30 minutes tasting just like my mom's food! Definitely gonna rely on this as a desi college student who doesn't enjoy cooking haha.
- JJeremyVerified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 minutes agoSo easy, so delicious
Quick, easy, flavorful. Add a little cilantro and lime and you can't beat the simplicity.
- ASAmy S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoDelicious
I love this product and highly recommend it. Saw it on the Today show in the spring and feel grateful to have seen that particular episode. Thank you!
- GFGeorge F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoLovin lentils
Delicious product. Highly recommend. I topped mine with the tarka ghee with a little sour cream and cilantro 😋
- LBLeanne B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoyummy lentils
It was great. So flavorful . I will be ordering more.
SHARE YOUR PARO PARTY
Snap a picture of your meal and tag us at @fromparo to show us how you eat your Paro.